1. Begging to approach to offer service - how many times are you going to ask?
2. Backing 3 paces before rising to serve - no one wants to stretch just to grab you or slap your ass as you walk off.
3. Washing your hands - Hand washing was just recently adapted as a personal hygiene technique over the last 50 years, they knew nothing of germs and such, this was adapted from earthen ideals, the medical field maybe did occassionally, but if one studies indians they didn't keep a bucket of wash water around.
4. No such thing as a servery or a chillery, it's a kitchen, cooking area, or cold room.
5. Gliding the rim of the vessel over your flesh.
6. Only use a tray when there is lots of items to bring .. otherwise You have two hands.
7. Pour the drink in the kitchen, do not carry bottle and vessel to the free, unless they ask.
8. Begging to approach again to offer the served item/s.
9. Gliding the vessel from belly to heart for three beats - just kiss the vessel and hand it up.
10. No such thing as redfruit.
11. No such thing as celane melon, it is just melon.
12. The word Urth was only shown in the books as a way to explain how goreans pronounced the word.
13. Coins taken in mouth only - big onlineism, a slave can carry money in her hand, mostly a pouch was attached to their collar with a note as most slaves were sent on errands with their hands bound behind them.
14. Kolar or Ko`lar is not a word, it is "collar" even in Gor, this is another example of explaining how it sounded, not how it was spelled.
15. No slave will touch a Master or Mistress without asking first - kissing a Free’s feet was common when begging mercy and the slave never said .. may I kiss Your feet. This is more aimed towards FW who did not wish slaves within touching distance.
16. There is no ice readily available on Gor, and people did not add it to their drinks,there was usually one large block brought in to a cold room to keep it cool, and a cold room was never COLD, it was chilly, but never as cold as some make it seem.
17. You can serve kalana and anything else in a silver vessel , it is not poisonous to do so.
18. Mead is not served cold or chilled, it is made of honey and would be too thick to drink, it is kept next to the hearth for warmth, it can also be served hot
19. There is no formal bazi tea ceremony. It is served in three tiny cups at times, but most often in just one, but either way it is not a ceremony.
20. There is no testing of the drink, a slave never drinks before the Free unless told to do so by a Free , then You do not drink from the vessel itself, you tip it over your mouth. Never offer to proof a drink, period.
21. There are no mugs on Gor, it's a cup, tankard or bowl.
22. A slave may touch a weapon, it does not mean death to do so, unless you use it as an instrument against the Free.Some slaves fought, and an ulo was often given to Port Kar first girls. A sorp shell was used to cut in camps and such by slaves, but in more civilized areas it was an ulo, which is an small knife.
23. There is only white and yellow sugar on Gor, but there is red and white salt, others were mentioned but no detail given.
24. Slaves do not pray, first knowledge did not allow slaves to even know of gods.
25. There are no made up languages.. Jashi, etc is not in the books, and there were maybe 3 Kassar words mentioned in the books outside of names for things, there is no extensive language as so many seem to use on Gor, for the communicating with others.
26. Do not sweeten a drink with your cunt.
27. There are no matches on Gor.
28. Do not call other slaves brothers or sisters, unless they are in fact your blood brother or sister, and even then you would not know since slaves have no family. Sissy, sis, and sister used daily as a term of affection is not really appropriate under the circumstance of slavery.
29. There are no mops, there are deck stones or rep cloths.
30. Kalana is NOT white, the fruit is only red, therefore the wine is red.
31. It is not blackwyne... it is black wine.
32. Ai and ki are more made up words.
33. "Table" is not a position on Gor, this is something adapted from BDSM.
34. Just as ki is not a word, "sula ki" is not a position, it is just "sula".
35. A "mate" and a "companion" are two different things... completely. People from civilized cities did not "mate".
36. There are no beds on Gor, the Free slept in couches or furs.
37. There were very few chairs in Gor also, only the rich used them.. and the northerners used benches mostly.
38. Slaves were permitted and did use "Tal" as a greeting.
39. Third person was NOT the primary way for a slave to speak, she rarely used it, and only when chastized or being taught a very indepth lesson.